HBR: “The sexiest job of the 21st Century”
In 2012, the Harvard Business Review named the Chief Data Scientist as the ‘sexiest job of the 21st Century’.
Just last month, one of the co-authors of that article, D.J. Patil, was named the first-ever Chief Data Scientist of the U.S. This followed France’s announcement in 2014, when they became the first country ever to appoint a Chief Data Officer.
Why the tidal wave of C-level data roles, and how can you capitalize on the gold rush? Tomorrow I’ll be speaking at SXSW on exactly that: “How to Prepare for the Tidal Wave of Big Data Jobs.”
Even better, today I posted the most recent resources, reports, and articles on this hot topic. In addition to insightful articles from our partners Capgemini and Elsevier, the post includes links to:
- Computerworld: Future-proof your IT career: 8 tech areas that will still be hot in 2020
- Experian: The Dawn of the Chief Data Officer
- Business Insider: Billions of dollars are set to flow into these 7 areas of tech in 2015
- Computer Business Review: 4 IT Roles to emerge in 2015
- NewVantage Big Data Executive Survey: Corporate big data investment surges forward
Check out the post now!