28 March, 2018print Print
08:00 - 09:00: Registration, Breakfast, and Networking. Thank you, CDO Club!
09:00 - 09:15: Impact Keynote: David Mathison: Curator at CDO Summit
• Topic: 100 CDOs Who Have Become CEO • Summary: After extensive research into the CDO Club membership, David Mathison updates his findings on CDOs who have become CEO and Board Directors. Incredibly, in just the last seven years, over 100 CDOs have become Chief Executive Officer. Mathison will examine this startling trend.
09:15 - 09:30: Impact Keynote: Susie Cummings: Founder and Chief Executive of Nurole
• Topic: How to Become a Board Director/Non-Executive Director • Summary: Susie will discuss ways for CDOs to explore, find, and prepare for Board Director and Non-Executive Director opportunities. She is Founder and Chief Executive of Nurole, an online platform and marketplace matching top talent with senior roles (corporate and not-for-profit, non-executive and executive) with 10,000+ members who include Fortune 500, NASDAQ, FTSE and PE/VC Chairmen, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, CDOs Board Members and other C-Suite executives.
09:30 - 09:45: Impact Keynote: Simon Birkenhead: Managing Director, Europe at L2 Inc.
• Topic: Digital's Winners and Losers in Retail • Summary: L2 will share insights from its recent Digital IQ Index report that benchmarks the digital performance of 72 large format retailers in Europe, including all major supermarkets. Each retailer's performance is assessed across L2's four dimensions of digital: site and e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile.
09:45 - 10:00: Impact Keynote: Peter Jackson: Chief Data Officer at Southern Water
• Topic: The Chief Data Officer’s Playbook • Summary: This presentation, based on their new book, offers key insights for Chief Data Officers looking to understand their position better, for aspiring CDOs and data officers looking at career progression, for those recruiting CDOs, and offers essential knowledge for anyone else operating in the current data environment.
10:00 - 10:30: Mid-Morning Break. Thank you, CDO Club!
10:30 - 11:00: Keynote: Jacqueline Harrison: Information Architect at NFU Mutual
• Topic: Starting Data Conversations • Summary: In this session Jacqueline will share recent experiences in developing approaches to address the ‘people’ and ‘metadata’ aspects of building a corporate data management capability. We talk often about data management frameworks, the disciplines involved, the roles we need to create and the processes we need to build. We hear less about how we take people on the journey with us and what information base we need to support people in their “data conversations”. This session will outline: - Why “data conversations” are important - What hinders those conversations? - How to create an approach to grow people confidence and capability - An approach to building an information base to support our data conversations
11:00 - 12:00: Panel: Leveraging Data for Competitive Advantage
• Summary: This panel explores the challenges and opportunities organizations face when leveraging their data for competitive advantage. While developments in AI, DL, ML, and cognitive systems are making the headlines, they are not required, and the panelists will discuss these and simpler ways of establishing business-driven global knowledge and social collaboration strategies that will enable the organization to deliver real-time, actionable insights to the right people at the right time. • David Mathison (moderator): Founder/CEO at CDO Club • Amit Kama: CEO of Kamedia Digital • Jacqueline Harrison: Information Architect at NFU Mutual • Matthew Fryer: VP, Chief Data Science Officer at Hotels.com • Patrick Hoffstetter: Founder eG10(FranceCDOclub), Jahia board member and CEO Newmedia360 • Roberto Maranca: Chief Data Officer at Lloyds Banking Group
12:00 - 13:30: Lunch. Thank you, CDO Club!
13:00 - 13:15: Luncheon Keynote: Alex Clyne: Co-founder of Jump Digital Ltd
• Topic: Continuing Education and Training for Digital and Data Leaders • Summary: Alex discusses and explores the CDO Club’s partnerships with the University of Aberdeen, Jump Digital, and other academic institutions and organizations. Who is learning, what they are studying, what roles they are in, and where they are based… and the next education and talent products.
13:15 - 13:30: Luncheon Keynote: Rich Kramer: Managing Director at Arete Research
• Topic: Are Digital Advertising Markets Rigged? • Summary: That Facebook and Google have absorbed nearly all the incremental spending on digital ads is conventional wisdom; but why, and how? The leading Internet players have managed to control both the supply and demand side of the digital ad market in a way that would be unimaginable in financial markets. Several developments – blockchain based solutions, new entrants into digital ad space like Amazon, and greater regulatory scrutiny – offer the chance for publishers and brands to get more diversity and competition among those competing for their audience and ad budgets.
13:30 - 14:00: Keynote: CDO Survey Results from University of Oxford - Said Business School
• Andrew Stephen: L’Oréal Professor of Marketing & Associate Dean of Research at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford • Anand Chopra-McGowan: Global Head of Consumer Practice at General Assembly
14:00 - 14:30: Keynote: Tamer Ozmen: Managing Director of Microsoft Digital and Enterprise Services at Microsoft
• Topic: Creating a Culture of Digital Transformation • Summary: Tamer will discuss how his organisation helps UK businesses digitally transform through data insights, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Tamer will share examples on how businesses are adapting to survive and thrive in today’s constant digital disruption. Furthermore, people and culture must be at the centre of such change to ensure a sustainable and successful transformation.
14:30 - 15:30: Panel: Digital Transformation: Best Practices Across Sectors
• Summary: This panel explores best practices for successful digital transformation across sectors. Panelists will identify similarities and differences in dealing with the challenges and opportunities posed by digital disruption. • David Mathison (moderator): Founder/CEO at CDO Club • Bonnie Cheuk: Director, Global Head of Digital, Knowledge & Collaboration at Euroclear • Chris Hulse: Chief Digital Officer at BlueLine Rental • Christian Pezzin: Chief Digital Officer at Sapio Group • Durdana Achakzai: Chief Digital Officer at Telenor • Tanya Cordrey: Founder of GRANARY SQUARE
15:30 - 16:00: Mid-Afternoon Break. Thank you, CDO Club!
16:00 - 16:30: Keynote: Theo Blackwell: Chief Digital Officer for London
• Topic: TBA
16:30 - 17:00: Keynote: Lauren Sager Weinstein: Chief Data Officer at Transport for London
• Topic: Delivering Better Transport with Big Data • Summary: Our purpose at TfL is to keep London working and growing and make life better. Millions of public transport and road journeys are made every day offering vast quantities of information. We transform this data into analytic tools we use to provide services to our customers, and to run and plan our network.
17:00 - 17:30: Keynote: Sarah Wilkinson: CEO of NHS Digital
• Topic: Digitising the National Health Service
17:30 - 17:45: CDO of the Year Awards
17:45 - END: Networking Cocktail Reception. Thank you, CDO Club!